Oral Surgery – Tooth Removable Dentist Melbourne
Oral Surgery or Tooth removable are performed by our most experienced dentist in Melbourne. The reason to extract the tooth or the removable of the tooth is done when the tooth is badly decayed or damaged and cannot be restored.
Oral surgery by dentist Altona may include removal of tooth, any lesion in the mouth region.
Extractions are generally performed by a general dentist and the complex extractions and any pathology are referred by our dentist to a specialists called oral maxillofacial surgeon.
Extractions by our dentist usually involves numbing the concern area and removal of the tooth using forceps and elevators. At times, the bone and the gum need to be cut to remove the tooth and sutured up.
Extractions by our dentist may be done for many reasons but the most common reason is a deep hole in your tooth, which is hurting all the time and cannot be saved for various reasons. Removing a tooth creates a space in the jaw, which may or may not need a replacement with dental implants or denture.
The general process of taking any tooth by the dentist may include the following:
- An OPG or a Small x-ray is taken (Periapical radiograph) and assessed for the shape, size, position of the tooth and anatomical structures.
- Numbing cream (topical anaesthetic) is applied and a local anaesthetic (needle) is given.
- The area is checked for numbness and the tooth is made loose using various instruments and levied out using a forceps.
- Gauze is placed in the area.
- Post operative instructions are given. If necessary, painkillers and antibiotics are given.
Removable of the tooth can save you money in the longer run then doing fillings and root canal treatment on a badly damaged tooth which cannot be restored, as it can fail. The better cost effective option would be to extract the teeth and then replace it with a dental implant later when you can afford. You can save lot of money and time on the number of visits to the dentists.
Please call or visit our Altona dentists for your options and the choices for your tooth removal in Melbourne. Our dentists can offer you the right advice on tooth removable in Melbourne.