Altona Dentist – Children Dental Care
Tooth brushing explained by Altona Bay Dental Clinic dentists in Altona: Tooth brushing recommendation by our dentists in Altona include:
- Start as soon as the first tooth appears. Wipe the front and back of each tooth using a finger wrapped in a clean damp face washer or gauze.
- Introduce a soft toothbrush at 12 months (earlier if tolerated by the infant).
- Introduce toothpaste at about 18 months of age.
- Use a pea-size amount of toothpaste.
- Use low fluoride toothpaste for children under six years old.
- Teach children to brush their teeth
- Supervise brushing teeth sessions
Fluoride is very important. Victorian water is fluoridated. If fluoridated water is not available seek professional dental advice about the use of fluoride toothpaste for children or contact our dentist in Altona for advice
A dental professional may advise more frequent use of fluoride toothpaste, commencement of toothpaste at a younger age or earlier commencement of use of standard toothpaste. Make sure children get enough fluoride, either through drinking water or supplement to diet.
If you need any dental advice on your dental treatment done at Altona, please call our Altona Bay Dental Clinic in Altona to book your dental consultation appointment and speak to our qualified preventive dentistry practicing dentist doing dental treatments in Altona.